RFQ Sales Process
It is vital that our customers and potential customers fully understand the process by which purchase orders and Requests for Quotations flow through our organization. Please review the following process carefully and contact your First State Manufacturing (FSM) marketing representative if you should have any questions.
2. FSM will review the technical and production requirements of your RFQ and typically return a response within 24-48 hours stating pricing information, specific delivery schedules and First Article production/ product development procedures.
3. Following careful review, our customer can proceed by accepting an official Sales Quotation for services/products offered outlined with all applicable information required for the nature of the project, or by issuing an official PO based off of the stipulations and agreements set forth in FSM’s original Sales Quotation.
4. The FSM Government/Commercial marketing representative will acknowledge receipt of our customer’s order and verify all relevant information.
5. Our customer order will undergo a strict Quality & Engineering Review to verify all quality standards, material specifications and packaging marking and identification requirements prior to its release to our Manufacturing Department.
6. Upon Quality & Engineering Review approval, an order will be released for Manufacturing based on the required delivery date and availability of material. The FSM marketing representative will contact our customer immediately if any discrepancies arise.
7. FSM will begin manufacturing of the First Article Item (if contractually required), 100% inspect and ship to customer with all applicable documentation.
8. Upon acceptance, FSM will manufacture the quantity specified by the customer on their purchase order to the same exact quality standard set forth by the First Article Item.
9. FSM will deliver our customer’s order on or before the requested ship date specified in their purchase order. In a rare instance where delivery may be delayed, an FSM marketing representative will notify the customer as soon as possible with the nature of the delay and present a recovery plan.
10. Following shipment of your order, FSM will send an itemize invoice to our customer for payment as well as a follow-up contact form to rate our service.